Frequently Asked Questions
How Do I Get Involved With The Town?

  • Attend Town Meeting on the first Tuesday in March
  • Join the Fire Department or the FAST Squad
  • Volunteer at the Albert Bridge School, the Mary L. Blood Library, the Lucy MacKenzie Humane Society or other public service organization (listed on the "Community Resources" page)
  • Help organize the Fourth of July celebration; volunteer to serve on a local board or committee (see list under “Town Government”)
  • Become a member of the West Windsor Historical Society, or other local clubs (see list of clubs on the "Community Resources" page)
I'm a new resident. What do I need to do to get settled?

  • Register to Vote at the Town Clerk's office.  (More information under "Voting & Elections" menu)
  • Get/renew a driver's license or car registration.  More information on the State of Vermont website
  • File a Homestead Declaration with the Vermont Department of Taxes if you buy property in Vermont and your Vermont home is your primary residence as of April 1st. For more information, please visit the Vermont Department of Taxes website:
  • Enroll your child for school. The Albert Bridge School (ABS) provides public education for grades K-6.  Contact ABS at 484-3344.  Children in grades 7-12 attend the Windsor School. 
  • Register your dog at the Town Clerk's office.  (More information under "Permits, Licences & Certificates" menu)
  • Get a dump permit at the Town Clerk's office (More information under "Permits, Licences & Certificates" menu) or contact a commercial garbage pick-up company. (More information under "Community Resources" menu)
  • Local utility options can be found on the "Community Resources" tab
My neighbor’s (cows, horses, dogs, etc.) are running loose, what should I do?

To report animals running loose, you may contact the Town Office at 484-7212, or one of the Selectboard members (see contact information under “Town Government:Selectboard").
Who do I call about fish and wildlife issues?

Call State Game Warden David Lockerby at (802) 917-6263-Cell.
Where do I find records for genealogy?

The West Windsor Town Office has birth, death and marriage records from 1849. Earlier records may be found at the Windsor Town Office.
Return to Top